P = Property Preparation
No matter what shape your property is in, I have the skills and the team to make it market-ready. I begin by carefully inspecting the property and developing a list of suggested improvements that will provide the most value for the money. I hire and coordinate all subcontractors necessary to get the work done, choosing from my list of proven, licensed and insured resources that includes everything from mold abatement to plumbing to hauling services. Finally, I’ll hire an interior designer to complete the finishing touches, such as selecting paint colors, new fixtures, etc. (as appropriate).
And the best part? I do it all—I coordinate all work and be present for all inspections, appraisals, tours and repairs. Once the property is ready and on the market, I maintain the property as necessary, including watering lawns and securing the property from any unwanted entry.
You can think of me as your personal “house flipper”—but instead of keeping the profits like those folks on HGTV, you benefit from the work I oversee with a higher sales price!
A = Advanced Funding
It’s no secret that preparing a property for sale requires money. If you don’t have that type of cash available, you can take advantage of my advance funding service. That’s right—I pay for all the property preparation expenses (described above) up front, interest free and with no mark-ups on labor, products or services.
At the close of the sale, I simply invoice you for the actual amount spent on the preparation and accept your payment then.
I offer this service because I’m confident that the improvements I recommend will net? a higher? sales price, making it easy for my clients to pay me back upon closing.
C = Complete Marketing
I take pride in creating complete and coordinated marketing plans that sell property at the highest price in the shortest amount of time, while standing up to the closest scrutiny of the court and other interested parties. My plan starts with a market analysis, involving touring other properties similar to yours, studying market trends in your area, and pinpointing the right price that will generate the most interest in your property.
Once your property hits the market, I’ll utilize broad-based, targeted and online marketing to make sure it stands out among the competition. My strategy includes listing your property online via major national and local real estate portals, and advertising in open house sections of major news media, both in print and online. These tactics ensure that your property will be seen by thousands of potential buyers.
I also include more personal touches in my marketing plan: sharing your property with all contractors and builders I know, visiting neighbors to inform them of upcoming open houses, and preparing an electronic announcement for you to send to your own list of contacts. I send weekly email updates to you summarizing all activity for that week, such as open house attendance, calls, disclosures sent out, and hits on the MLS and all other websites.
E = Expertise
My extensive knowledge in probate and estate sales is well supported by 19 years in the trenches working with conservators, administrators, attorneys, other fiduciaries and heirs. This expertise helps with small details, as well as the more significant steps of your sale. I can appear in court and provide information the court may require about the transaction; work with the probate referee to determine the value of your property; represent you during the negotiation process of selling your home; and provide a “presale” preliminary title report to insure the vesting is correct. You can count on me to put my experience and knowledge to work for you.
My passion for what I do transfers into my services
What is my role?
- My role is to make sure you are taken care of.
- To respond to all situations quickly and professionally.
- I will provide exceptional marketing, organizational and negotiation skills.
- My duty to my client is first, foremost and always.
The services I provide allow those in the capacity of administrator, conservator and attorney to focus on those issues and duties that require your special skills. I try to make you more efficient through planning and communication. Also, heading off potential conflicts with disgruntle heirs, meeting vendors at the property and making sure the property is secure are just some of the responsibilities I assume.
- I will be present at any and all court hearings the attorney, trustee, conservator and/or administrator feel is appropriate. On occasion, questions and issues regarding the purchase contract or other documents arise. The fully documented file I maintain for each transaction can be helpful.
- I will provide a “presale” preliminary title report to insure the vesting is correct. This also gives us an opportunity to clear any liens and clouds before they cause a problem.
- I will inspect the property, develop a list of suggested improvements and then coordinate subcontractors to present the property in the best possible way. I have a great group of contractors from mold abatement, hauling and window glass repair, I will arrange for an interior designer to select paint colors, fixtures etc., if appropriate, at my expense.
- I will arrange and be present for all inspections, appraisals, tours and repairs.
- I will market the property effectively and professionally.
- I will maintain the property as agreed. This applies to lawns, plants, windows etc. And includes securing the property from any unwanted entry if necessary.
- I will work with the probate referee to determine the value of the property. Having worked with many referees on unique properties, I have the experience to overcome difficult situations.
- I will continually update all interested parties during the marketing period. This includes keeping everyone informed of the status of Sunday open houses and agent showing activity as well as any feedback and changes in the market place.
- I will email a weekly update and a closing recap of all marketing efforts for your file.
I understand that while many transactions are similar, there can be unique elements that require special attention. I have experience with stressful and complicated as well as basic probates, trusts and conservatorships.
Let me bring my skills and “get it done” attitude to your next transaction. By keeping you informed every step of the way of all issues, potential issues, marketing efforts and changes in the marketplace, you are better able to concentrate on those priorities that require your unique skills.